The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Battery Clamp Makover

Having recently given the cabling a makeover and converting to marine terminals, there was just one job remaining that again I had put off for many years, being the double battery clamp.

This was the custom double battery set up I did back in the 80's



These was ok except I could never get to the middle battery plug to check the water level as the clamps went right across the middle of the battery.



So while the floor was out recently to upgrade the cabling, I fabricated a new clamp from 25 x 12 mm aluminum angle. A few pop rivets, a coat of black paint to blend it in, and bob's your uncle.



Very happy with the finished result
 



1 comment:

  1. Looks good Ray, completed with precision as always, Cheers

    ReplyDelete