The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

27 Chev Truck Update from Bernie of Belgium

Received the latest update from Bernie

Ray hello,

Here in Belgium July and August are the months of annual leave and many companies are closed.
I found a carburettor identical to mine 100 KM from my home ... This gentleman around 70 has 40 years experience with carburettors ! He is a wealth of information in this field, repairs and reconstitutes carburettors of all kinds. He explained that some flows of Solex carburettors in Zingoil was of poor quality which explains the state of mine.

I found two Chevrolet trucks in Germany to look at, one in a gigantic museum in Sinsheim, this one was used to transport barrels of wine, in this region of Germany there are many vines. I will visit this museum later this month ! 



The other truck belongs to Karl Hermann and this son, firemen of Tubingen, it is a former fire truck of Copenhage in Denmark in perfect condition !











Thank you.

Have a good day.

Bernard

No comments:

Post a Comment