The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Day 31 - 28 Chev Ute Restoration (1st August 2015)

Today's few hours in the shed saw the restoration reach a couple of small but never the less important stages.

1. At last after 3 months of pulling things apart, grinding, more grinding, followed by more grinding I actually put something back together........ assembled the stub axles back onto the front axle. Small achievement I know, but a nice change to do a bit of construction, so to speak.



All bolted up, greased up, and king pin dust plugs fitted



2. Unloading parts that have been in the molasses bath for a month means I can get on with the chassis work, replacing at least the front and rear cross member, one at a time though to maintain the integrity of the chassis.


Starting to get a bit excited now as I can see all the preparation work falling into place, and slowly coming to an end.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Ray, Now let the fun part begin mate, the rebuilding.. Cheers Grant

    ReplyDelete