The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

1930 USA Chev Sedan - looking for a new home and some TLC

Found this on eBay,

Would make a great restoration project, or with new upholstery would make a good "roughy"
I think you know what I would do.

.............Anyway the description is


It is very unusual to find a 1930 Chevrolet that has not been modified and remains intact.  This is an ideal car to restore, to hot rod, to rat rod or to buy and donate for a tax deduction to a museum or other non-profit.  Please tell your Chevy friends about this rare car.  I have it advertised locally and am willing to do trades and cash so the auction may close early.  Memorial Day is the best time to buy a classic Chevy.  

The wood is fairly good on this sedan and it is mostly complete right down to the roller shades on the rear and rear-side windows.  The artillery wheels came from a 1935 Chevrolet.  The photos tell the tale.    I found this car in a storage unit that was literally owned by a Grandpa.  It was stored inside for most of it’s life, a true barn find special.  I put in a new gas tank, cleaned out the fuel lines, cleaned up the fuel pump, added a filter and put the correct carb on it.  It has new plugs, points, wires, cap and condenser.   Before starting it, I pulled the oil pan and cleaned it well, replacing the pan gasket with a new cork seal.  All of the glass is good besides the windshield.  Brakes work including the parking brake.  The clutch and tranny are great.  Tires and tubes are only a few years old.  

Condition unknown on the generator and water pump.   Radiator leaks.  Hence it runs and drives but does not currently charge and cool itself.  I have some spare parts that are included with the car.  It is located in zip code 84062.  Pick-up or delivery can be arranged and if you want me to haul it I am always up for a road trip.

Everything appears original and restorable. 

 










 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment