The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

In 12 Months Monty the 1928 Chev had been reborn

Grant's posting below, from his blog http://montythe1928chevrolet.blogspot.com.au   says it all, but folks Monty the 1928 Chev is looking very promising to be on the road by the end of the year.
 

In 12months We Went From This to This

Gidday,

One year ago today, my friend Ray Dean and I dismantled all the body panels off the old Chevy to reveal the tired looking running gear and chassis covered in 83yrs worth of mud, grease and oil.... When Ray left that Sunday afternoon to head back to Melbourne I sat on the back step of our house just staring at the mess and work that I had created, the stack of panels, the rotten timber sections and thinking WTF have I done and how the hell am I going to get this car back together again... I had allowed in my mind when we started this resto that it would take 3, maybe 4 years to complete if we just keep chipping away at it on weekends, Oh how wrong was I....
Yep in 12 months we went from this photo below, to the last photo....But it looks the same you say?? well yes it does but everything in between was cleaned, replaced, repaired, renewed, you name it, it was done and it was done right....... Brakes, seals, bushes, bearings, fuel lines, wiring, timbers, nut and bolts etc etc etc....
 






















No comments:

Post a Comment