The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

A Little Piece of Scotland

The Red Chev ventured out this morning on a club run www.dvhcc.com.au   to the 26th Annual Berwick Highland Gathering  www.casey.vic.gov.au/calendar/article.asp?Item=22836

I have never seen so many guys, and a few girls in kilts in one spot, nor have I ever seen and heard so many bag pipe bands.

There is something stirring when you hear the pipes a playing.

It makes you want to rush home and play Brave Heart.

It was a great day, a good turn out of club cars, and we were made very welcome. More importantly, apart from about 15 minutes of heavy rain, the weather was good for the remainder of the day.

Many thanks to those who organised the outing.

I have included a few pictures below of the 19 club cars and cars of interest that attended.


























2 comments: