The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

More Snaps From Days Long Gone

I must admit to being a bit fascinated with all these old car photos. The more I come across the more interest I have. I know I have mentioned it before, but each of these photos was a now situation, the cars were the latest, the time was very close to the depression, money would have been pretty tight, yet the people seem happy. Maybe the pace of life was less hectic in those days.

Even road rage was still 80 years into the future.

I offer the following for your viewing, with the first photo being a couple of ladies in a 1928 Chev. Where are they now, and what became of the car?

Looks like a 28 sedan cut into a ute. Note the one piece windscreen and the start of the sedan pillars on the edge of the cowl. No back doors, maybe not even a tray. Could be just the rear half of the chassis.


Still a very restoreable car?


And another good prospect


Thinking these are a bit too far gone to reclaim


I have seen this with a couple of Fords now, never a Chev. Will make no comment except was this a very early warranty item?


If one was lucky enough to have 50% of these cars parked in a shed some where, the cross section of motoring, 20's to 30's would be amazing, not to mention the value.




Looks like a rodder by the engine set up


Now you know why they say "Give way to Trams"


Ouch

No comments:

Post a Comment